- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cloved op chopped garlic (or 1 tsp garlic paste)
- 200 g lean ground beef*
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (chili paste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
Slice a part of the pepper off lengthways and remove the seeds inside the pepper. Chop the sliced off piece finely. Put both peppers in an oven dish.
Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, garlic, chopped pepper and sambal until the onion has softened. Add the ground beef and fry until browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C (180C fan oven). Fill the peppers with the meat mixture and cover the oven dish with aluminium foil. Cook the stuffed peppers for approx. 30 mins and remove the foil after 20 mins.
Serve with rice or fried potatoes.
* use ca. 100g vegan mince to veganize this dish.
- use chopped leek or spring onion instead of onion.
- add (frozen) peas and/or corn kernels (canned and drained).
- add chopped carrot and/or chopped courgette.
Based on this recipe.